Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Never thought I'd be doing this!

I just finished making homemade baby food last night! I've made applesauce, peaches, carrots, peas and sweet potatoes. Just can't wait for Sawyer to try it all! It was so stinkin' easy. I just cooked whatever it was I was making until it was soft and zipped it in the blender...just added enough water to make it smooth enough for him. Then I spooned it into ice cube trays and froze it and put it in freezer bags! So much cheaper than jarred baby food.

Poor baby Eli has started getting scared of the dark. We had to put him in bed three times last night. Each time he was nearly hyperventilating from crying so hard. I bought him a night light today...so far so good. He hasn't been up yet tonight.

I'm in the middle of reading "Potty Train Your Child in Just One Day" right now. I'm going to wait until we get back from El Paso to have our "Potty Party." This stuff is crazy enough that it just might work. Heck, I'm willing to try just about anything right now...he'll be 3 in July. I'd like him to be in big boy pants by then.

I think I'm going to head to bed now. I've got to get up and get going in the morning. I still don't have my garden planted yet. I've got everything to plant. I just have not had time to do it. It's got to be done tomorrow or all of my plants are going to die. I've already gotten some strawberries, lettuce, onions, basil and cilantro in the ground. Tomorrow I'm going to get my tomatoes, melons, okra, and cucumbers out.

So anyways, no pics tonight...just thought I'd update so everyone knows what we've been up to.

No comments: